Sunday 4 November 2012

Work Experience

Camera that was used for filming
On Friday 2nd, I went for work experience with a BBC film crew. We were on two locations, one was a pub just outside Camden and the other was an old house in the same area. I was mainly working with the sound department and got to operate a boom mic for one scene and operate the mixing desk for two scenes. Here I have some pictures of my experience but unfortunately the picture quality isn't great due to the pictures being taken on my iPhone.
From this experience I learned a lot about filming techniques and camera operation, that I can transfer to my project. I also learned a lot about the most effective ways to organise a film shoot, and about how to position and effectively use lighting. This are all skills that I can use in my project.
Park of the mixing desk's rig


Part of the mixing desk's rig

Filming outside the house late at night
Filming in the Pub

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! This must have been really informative. Please add to this post some comments on how what it has taught you and what you imitate yourself.

    ReplyDelete