Tuesday 22 January 2013

CONSTRUCTION: ALBUM COVER

I have started finalising what I want to do with my album cover for My Rock n Roll. I have identified a trend in Dinosaur Pile Up's albums, which is that they have a simple, central image on a single stock colour background which changes with each album.

They also use the same font for the band and album name, positioned in the same place. This makes their albums easy to recognise.

Because of this, I am going to organise a photo shoot of myself on a coloured background, since Dinosaur Pile Up's album covers always feature the lead singer (who is in this case myself). I will organise this using Facebook with one of the photography students at Claremont.


1 comment:

  1. You have researched the concept and can justify your approach.This sounds a sensible plan. You must now make precise provision for all the 6 digipack plates: what do Dinosaur Pile-up tend to put on their rear cover, inlay tray etc? What do you plan to put? Font decisions?

    ReplyDelete